This is the September square after Dixie worked on it. Yesterday we traded squares and hope to finish them in the next couple of weeks.
I finished the center section of my crazy quilt bedspread and above is a shot of the 18 squares. Pictured below is what they look like on my bed.
I am going to piece this crazy quilt to a micro fleece blanket like Allie Aller did with her crazy quilt bedspread. I had a hard time finding one that is big enough to make into a bedspread that will hang over the edges as long as I wanted them. I finally found one at TJ Maxx to my surprise. I don't usually shop there but just happened to think of it and was very glad I did!
|I decided to start at the center top and work my way down with this quilt. Because I was sewing the squares directly to the micro fleece I felt I should pin a lot. I am so glad I did! I sewed around three of the sides and left the top open for ease.|
I then pinned the next square on the right and sewed them together. I didn't take a picture but then I sewed the square on the left on. I then pressed them out well.
Since I wasn't able to piece the next row the same way, I sewed three of them together and then pinned them to the bottom of the previous row. I repeated that until I had attached all six rows of squares to the micro fleece.
As you can see, I had a helper the whole time! If the internet is working tomorrow, I'll show you my progress. I am really pleased with what I have so far.
Talk to you later,